Update to9 9.04

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 11 23:44:05 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 10/11/09, Willis Taylor <th1bill at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> From: Willis Taylor <th1bill at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: Update to9 9.04
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 3:21 PM
>
> Noop and Karl,
>    Thanks for the help.  I did the
> clean install and restored my Home
> directory and all is well.
>
> Now, about running 64 bit, I am of the same opinion about
> that as Karl.
> My units, both of them are AMD 64 bit processors but just
> like Karl, I
> have not fund the reason to go that direction at this time
> on the
> operating systems.

Some say 32 bit on a 64 bit machine works better.  I use 64 bit all the time now, since hardy.  You might want to consider that 64 bit operations are the thing of the future at least until they change the processor again.  So you might want to become familiar with it.  The directory structure is quite different from 32 bit. FWIW, and you have the best help here on the list.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net