Quality of Ubuntu List

David McNally david3333333 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:01:18 UTC 2009

Hi again.

Just to clarify, I did not really say anything about Windows forums. Back
when I used Windows and couldn't get help from Microsoft, I joined one of
those forums and recieved no useful help, and only recieved replies about
how little I knew about Windows and how stupid I was for not being able to
figure out where Microsoft moved all of the control panel settings in Vista.
(Remember, of course, that these Windows users are probably trying to find
the "Any" key on their keyboard.)

When I started running into problems in Ubuntu, I ran across this mailing
list. After reading about how much closer Linux users were as a community, I
decided it couldn't be as useless as Windows forums I had tried in the past.
Lo and behold, years later, I have never had an unsolved problem, thanks to
this great mailing list.

So, yes, there are Windows mailing lists. What makes a mailing list good is
the people who use it. The people here are much nicer than the people on any
Windows forums or mailing lists.

Thanks.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Trent Murray <trent at guardianit.com.au>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Following Marks comment about the 'blind leading the blind' I have only
> been with this list for 3 weeks and already concerned with the amount of
> flaming and misinformation.  As a result ill be unsubscribing from this list
> effective as of now.
>
> I would like to extend my thanks to those that took the time to answer my
> questions during my brief stay and wish the list all the best for the
> future.
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
>

> Trent