Newbie questions

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 7 19:03:22 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Newbie questions
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 1:26 PM
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM,
> Leonard Chatagnier
> <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
> > --- On Wed, 10/7/09, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>
> >> Subject: Re: Newbie questions
> >> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for
> general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >> Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 2:00 AM
> but after
> >> finding
> top right
> >> or any where
> help or
> >> maybe I need to
> not THP.
> >>  I'd be glad to check it out with my 64 bit
> Karmic, Jaunty
> >> or whatever if I could find the change server
> thingy.
> >>
> >> I don't know if this will help but here is the
> URL.
> >>
> >> http://apps.facebook.com/texas_holdem/index.php?chkfeed=y
> >>
> >> Here is a photo I took of the top right with the
> button
> >> circled in
> >> red. The link is good for 7 days.
> >> http://imagebin.org/66624
> >>
> > Thanks, the photo and link did help.  Your photo was
> nothing like
> > I saw when I found THP by googling.  Your link on my
> ff-3.5 Karmic system did show the "change server button"
> which I clicked bringing up
> > the select server page but there are no listings of
> servers that I could find.  Hitting the connect button just
> popped up a message saying that I must select a server etc,
> but none are to be found. I did explore some of the
> links(buttons, etc) and everything seemed to work.
> > I'm using     npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
> >    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
> > firefox flash plugin which I believe is the latest.
>  Not much point in checking it out on my 64 bit Jaunty as
> it has the same flashplugin installed.
> > Hope this at least verified your problem.
> > Leonard Chatagnier
> > lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
>
> Yes, thanks, total verification and the exact same bad
> behavior. But
> if you do as I first suggested and run it from Wine you
> will see that
> it works just fine and brings up a list of servers. In the
> end I find
> this sadly funny. Linux programmers are programming circles
> around
> what Adobe can do. We make their software run with Wine on
> Linux when
> they can't even do it right with the source. They are
> rather pathetic.

Thanks but I don't ever intend to use wine as I mentioned earlier.
NoOp hit the nail on the head.  Many sites who only say that windose
and IE are supported don't run fully compliant standards regarding
browsers and flash.  Hey, I'm not even sure I'm stating the issue
correctly as it hasn't come up in a while.  However, Unubtu is compliant
so they are not at fault.  I need to read NoOp's links so I know what's going on also.  Maybe, tomorrow if I get a chance-:o))
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net