Karmic Alpha 6/Beta

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 3 08:01:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 22:10 -0700, David Fox wrote:
> I did an update-manager install to what is now Karmic Beta (well, more
> or less) but I still wonder if I got grub2. Would it only be done on
> new installs?

I believe that it said something in the release notes (or
somewhere...I've been reading a lot, so i don't remember exactly) that
people who upgrade won't get grub2, only fresh installs...something
about replacing a bootloader being an inherently risky process...

I'd imagine you could still install grub2 manually, with an update-grub,
or through apt. I'll be starting with a fresh install this October
anyway, so I'm not going to bother with upgrading this time...

--
Andrew