Setting Up a Router:

Tab Gilbert tabbox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:25:42 UTC 2009

> I got frustrated with trying to get that Linksys router working, so I
> went out and got me a Belkin N150.  I hooked it up, plugged in the
> computer, and it's working...   except for the Windows computer.  It's
> not finding the signal....

The same thing happened to me.  Got fed up with Linksys and got a Netgear.
Even got it working only using Ubuntu.

There are three wireless standards.  Your new router is probably a N router
and your computer only has a G wireless card.  There is a command in the
router manual that you use to brings up a web type page in the router so you
can adjust the settings.

tab