Setting Up a Router:

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Fri Oct 2 20:21:32 UTC 2009

Joseph wrote:
> Wade Smart wrote:
>> Joseph wrote:
>>

>>> I got frustrated with trying to get that Linksys router working, so I
>>> went out and got me a Belkin N150.  I hooked it up, plugged in the
>>> computer, and it's working...   except for the Windows computer.  It's
>>> not finding the signal....
>>>
>>> Joseph
>>>

>> You purchased a Belkin N series is a "n" router with G and probably B
>> support. Check the setting to be sure that its not doing JUST a 802.11N
>> signal.
>>
>> Wade
>>

> Wade, slow down...  I'm Ubuntu ignorant, but attempting to learn.  Where
> and how do I find the signal settings??  Thanks for your patience...

Sorry, the wireless setting is on your router, so what Im asking has
nothing to do with Ubuntu.

However you setup the router, you'll need to do that again and gain
access to the router settings and look for something that says something
like "Wireless Network Mode".

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675