Dovecot upgrade

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 2 01:03:12 UTC 2009

Sam Przyswa wrote:

Please don't post in HTML

> It broke for me too, but as there were kernel updates, I rebooted and
> all was fixed. YMMV.

> Ok, did you mean after apps upgrade we have to reboot a system as with
> Windows !!! <br>

No.  He had kernel updates.

> My main.cf was changed and I lost lot of mail !<br>

It's _highly_ unlikely that you lost any.  It just isn't where you expected
it.  Since you've only griped, and haven't given us any information we could
use to diagnose your problem, we can hardly tell you where it actually is.
> And now after reboot SURPRISE no more sound on my machine.<br>
> Thanks A LOT to the Ubuntu maintainer.<br>

Don't be a fool.  You broke this yourself, and are blaming Ubuntu
maintainers for not protecting you.  This is Linux - you break it, you get
to keep both halves.  If you want your hand held, get a Mac.

--
derek