Cannot access broadband on 9.1

Arthur Trevaskis ajelectric at giant.net.au
Fri Nov 27 10:36:46 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amedee Van Gasse (ub)" <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be>
To: <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: Cannot access broadband on 9.1

> On Thu, November 26, 2009 10:43, Arthur Trevaskis wrote:
>
>> No worries. I did get a couple of good ideas which I'll try tomorrow,
>> (but
>> note that I didn't get them from the "educators").
>
> Please note that I *want* to help you, but you never answered my questions
> about your specific configuration. I cannot help you if you cannot
> describe your problem in detail.

Thank you, very much appreciated indeed Amedee.
Due to work commitments, I have not yet been able to get back to Ubuntu. I
shall try and find time in the morning or over the weekend.
In simple terms though, I connect to broadband via ethernet cable to ADSL
router, then to telephone line.
This worked well with 9.04, and is also working well right now with Windows
XP.
More later.
Good night.
Arthur