Interface lag in Ubuntu 9.10

Huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Thu Nov 26 11:14:15 UTC 2009

Hi Intrader

--- intrader.intrader at gmail.com wrote:

> I have posted my experience with updating from 9.04 to 9.10. The
> resulting UI is just about unusable.

The UI on /my/ install is certainly not unusable but it is very annoying.  I'm getting quite fed up with this problem to be honest, especially since it recurs even after a fresh install of Ubuntu on a PC that Ubuntu /used/ to like.

> Seems like my messages to the forum 'Installation & Upgrades' are
> ignored.  My last posting informs the group that I will be going back to
> 9.04.

I would consider downgrading due to the UI and GRUB problems.  However, I used to be quite the distro junkie a few years ago (before settling on Ubuntu at 6.06) so after giving it some thought I'm actually quite tempted to try a different distro altogether.  Debian perhaps.  Thanks for posting, I hope you get your issues resolved!

Huw