9.10 is a black eye for Ubuntu - suggestion for the future

Aleks A.-Lessmann aleks at lessmann-consulting.de
Sun Nov 22 17:00:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:18:08 +0000 (UTC), "Mark C.  Miller"
<mr.mcmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:50:10 +0100, Aleks A.-Lessmann wrote:
>> Now, while Ubuntu is a great distro, the Dells it's was delivered on
>> last year at least were crap and not worth the money.

>If you want a system that comes out of the box ready to go with Ubuntu
>installed (even that pesky wireless on note/net books is solved), go to
>system76.  I have one of their netbooks (the Starling), and it's

...if you are in the U.S.

And I specifically wanted DELL because of very good experiences with
their support I have had in the past as corporate and private user (of
MS Windows supported Notebooks). Alas, this also is crap in the Ubuntu
Dells. But It doesn't hurt as much there as Linux has always had good
community support.

As I said, I think the Dell Ubuntus are (or were a year ago) a half
assed attempt at gaining headlines, without any real support by dell.

But these may only be my experiences
Aleks