Cannot access broadband on 9.1

Arthur Trevaskis ajelectric at giant.net.au
Wed Nov 25 10:08:21 UTC 2009

Hello,
I have a problem; it is that I was using Ubuntu 9.04 successfully (for about 3 months), and downloaded and installed on line the upgrade to 9.1
I have not been able to access the internet (Broadband) since. I have even wiped the HDD clean and reinstalled 9.1 but no matter what settings I try, I cannot connect.
When I installed 9.04, it found the internet OK, but 9.1 cannot find it by itself, and I cant make it.
There is nothing else on the HDD, just Ubuntu.
I have just about used up all my spare time and patience, but would like to get back to Linux.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Arthur Trevasks. Ballarat. Australia.

believed to be clean.