no sound playing DVD

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Nov 23 18:10:53 UTC 2009

Hi Stan:

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:40:33AM -0500, stan wrote:

> On the desktop, all seems well, ecept that I don;t have any sound while
> playing DVD's.

Your sound preferences probably need adjusting to match what your system
actually provides.

System | Preferences | Sound
    Uncheck the "Mute" in the upper right hand corner
    Hardware tab
        Click on each audio device you have availble and then
        in the "Profile" dropdown list, select mode that should be used.
    Output tab
        Click on output method you want to use.
    Click Close

--Dan