K8temp & K10temp

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 19 13:13:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:02:01 +0100
Joep L. Blom wrote:

> Can anybody give information on the status of the temperature modules
> for the current kernel.
> I'm running Karmic on an AMD Phenom II and there is a module K10temp
> that has worked in kernel 2.6.28-15. As this was in August I thought it
> would already be incorporated in the newer kernels. But the current
> kernel 2-6-31-14 has the same K8temp module as in all other kernels. On
> the lmsensors list they have already a K8temp version that is adapted
> for the newer processor types. I would like to know when this will be
> implemented in the new Ubuntu kernels. Other wise I have to compile the
> module for each new kernel.

Actually, the latest release of the stable branch version of sensors-detect
from the lm-sensors website detects K10 but says 'driver `to-be-written',
so presumably even lm-sensors hasn't quite got its act together yet. So it
presumably won't appear in Ubuntu just yet.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources