K8temp & K10temp

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 17 22:11:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:02:01 +0100
Joep L. Blom wrote:

> Can anybody give information on the status of the temperature modules
> for the current kernel.
> I'm running Karmic on an AMD Phenom II and there is a module K10temp
> that has worked in kernel 2.6.28-15. As this was in August I thought it
> would already be incorporated in the newer kernels. But the current
> kernel 2-6-31-14 has the same K8temp module as in all other kernels. On
> the lmsensors list they have already a K8temp version that is adapted
> for the newer processor types. I would like to know when this will be
> implemented in the new Ubuntu kernels. Other wise I have to compile the
> module for each new kernel.
> Thanks in advance
> Joep

I'm not sure about this, but I think I read somewhere that the k8 module
would be updated to support k10.  I don't know if it has been done.  I
haven't tried k8temp recently.  I'm getting data using it8720-isa-0228,
according to sensors, with my gigabyte board.

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources