mouse button

Mark H. Nichols ubuntu at
Mon Nov 16 02:56:54 UTC 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Harold Hartley wrote:

> I'm sure most of you have never had a keyboard on a laptop with a mouse
> button in the middle of the keyboard.

The input device you are describing is called a "trackpoint" and has been a feature on IBM ThinkPads for years. It also appears on a number of other machines.

> But I just want to disable that
> button so I can use only the touchpad for my mouse or a usb mouse.

This thread on the Ubuntu forum may offer some assistance:


More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list