jaunty the worst ever

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:02:49 UTC 2009

> You mean like this:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/111886
> [Was feisty really ready to release ?]

I think that Windows 7 was the first OS released to cheers as opposed
to "It's buggy" since maybe the Commodore 64 (the 128 was buggy).

> You really should try reading/responding to the list via the gmane.org
> nntp news server (news.gmane.org:gmane.linux.ubuntu.user). I can easily
> search using SeaMonkey or Thunderbird - or just scroll up through the
> threads. IMO it beats the heck out of using email for the list; no
> downloads of many email msgs each day, archived headers are easily
> available, etc., etc. When you want to share, just look at the headers &
> each gmane.org will have a 'Archived-At' header with a permalink to the msg:
> you can then click on 'TOPIC|Go to the topic' to see the thread.
>
> Added note for Dotan: you can do the same on the OOo user list as well
> (gmane.comp.openoffice.questions).

I had considered that, but I found a beter way: Gmail. I subscribe to
the lists that I need and the Gmail interface is almost perfect for
the purpose. I don't like it for work, studies, or personal email (I
use Tbird with my own email server) but for mailing lists Gmail is far
beyond anything else.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com