Internet access problem

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Wed Nov 11 18:21:07 UTC 2009

NoOp:

> And my apologies... I should have ignored the documentation & remembered
> your suggestion from June :-)

...which you, admittedly, remembered better than myself. I didn't even
think of setting
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
this time, which indeed worked for me on Karmic, as a quick test in a VM
showed. This would have been a solution much easier to try out.
If it happens again that I don't remember my own posts, you may call me
Karl ;-)

> So,  as punishment I'll toddle of to launchpad and file a documentation
> bug report and
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide
> which also provides the same reference to /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
> (4.5.2. IPV6).

Good idea! Thanks a lot.

--
Regards