Linksys WUSB54GCV3 USB-WiFi stick

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 9 20:58:27 UTC 2009

I bought the WUSB54GC after I read it functions well in a recent Ubuntu
Linux.

I have tested in 3 different PC's, all running 9.10 Karmic. After putting
the stick in the pc it will load rt2800usb which in its turn will load
rt2870.bin, a firmware library.

After loading I get:

lsusb: ID 1737:0077 Linksys
(That is all I get in 9.04, in 9.10 I also get the following)
iwconfig: wlan0: IEEE 80211bgn
sudo iwlist wlan0 scan shows no networks allthough I can see at least 2
networks with an other laptop, I'm only a few meters from the router.
"iwlist wlan0 freq" and "iwlist wlan0 channel" give the normal
frequenties and channels, among those the frequenty and channel my router
uses (I tried different channels with my router)

So, I cannot connect to my network, even if I fill in the name of my
network as if it is a invisible network I cannot get a connection.

Anybody an idea what I can try next?

Aart