Connection to Pricewatch.com not happening

Steve Reilly steve at reillyblog.com
Thu Nov 5 23:06:42 UTC 2009

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
> spinning away, and the page never loads.

check pinging site?  or from another computer on the same network... (i
know, sounds stupid...  but..?) i have a sporadic problem with my work
webmail, same deal.  if the wind is blowing west i can connect, if its
blowing east i get a spnning wheel, and timeout.  noone can figure it
out, ive just come to assume its a dns routing issue somewhere on the
net....

> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>
> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>
> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
> favorite computer parts shopping sites.

primarily use newegg here

--
Steve Reilly