ssh and remote sudo not hiding password

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Mon Nov 9 03:01:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Hal Burgiss <hal at burgiss.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 09:59:27PM +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>>>  How can I use ssh keys to prevent having to enter pwd for sudo?
>> Root does not need sudo. So make sure the remote system has a functional root
>> accout:
>
> Please don't recommend something like this unless you explain what you
> are doing and why... and

I thought it was obvious, but since you asked nicely, I'll explain:

Logging in repetively to any system is *much* easier using keys as
opposed to passwords. It certainly would simplify this operation and
is exactly how I would do it. So if you set up the root account on the
remote system's authorized_keys with your personal keys, you can login
as root and no password is required for anything (the login or the
sudo prompt) at that point. Voila!

--
Hal