ssh and remote sudo not hiding password

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:55:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Hal Burgiss <hal at burgiss.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 09:59:27PM +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>>  How can I use ssh keys to prevent having to enter pwd for sudo?
> Root does not need sudo. So make sure the remote system has a functional root
> accout:

Please don't recommend something like this unless you explain what you
are doing and why... and

>  ssh-copy-id root at remote.system

You can do that without ever putting a password on root - in other
words if that was what he wanted (which it wasn't) he could allow
logging into root via ssh key without allowing login to root via
password.

Brian

(the OP has found ssh -t which is what he needed)

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false