Wireless: network detected, but no connection

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 9 00:39:21 UTC 2009

On 11/08/2009 04:18 PM, H.S. wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>>
>> On my wireless laptop (9.10) I've been testing with NM (I normally use
>> wicd, but thought I'd give NM a try) & only have wpa2 set up. I can test
>
> I had started to use wicd a while back, but I am now back to nm because
> wicd has no feature to deal with vpn connections. (sorry for going OT a
> bit).
>
> I recall having switched to wicd because nm couldn't deal with wpa2 at
> that time or some such problem. Not sure if it is still the case,
> haven't tested it yet in that scenario.

Wicd works just fine with wpa2. NM (9.10 version) is working just fine
with wpa2 also & yes you're detracting from the thread :-)

Note to Frank: just tested w/NM & wpa2 w/DHCP & that seems to be working
fine. Once the other users are off the router (a few hours I'm told)
I'll isolate it & try testing w/no security set.