Getting time to display in 24H format on GDM login window?

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Sun Nov 8 19:21:02 UTC 2009

Ah... I forgot tospecify the key element. My question applies to 9.10. :)

On 9.04, what you describe is indeed the way to do it...

On 9.10, when you go to System->Administration->Login Screen, you get a
simple window with very few options :

o Show the screen for choosing who will log in
o Log in as [selector box to pick a user] automatically
  [] Allow [selector box for number of seconds] seconds for anyone else
to log in first

There is no general tab where you can pick time format.

There is no place where you can select the GDM Login Screen theme either...

Gilles.