Whoever gave NM a keyring

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sat Nov 7 23:13:29 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009 1:27:19 pm NoOp wrote:
> When you file a bug report you are doing two things: 1) notifying the
> developers that you have found (what you believe to be) a problem that
> should be resolved, and 2) basically agreeing to assist in helping to
> resolve the bug by providing information/feedback to the
> developer/person(s) working on _your_ issue.
>
> If you are simply going to file a bug report in a 'hit & run' fashion,
> then I'd recommend that you not file one at all.

Exactly why most people refrain from making a bug report in the first place,
Besides the fact it takes too long to do, you are supposed to drop all the
work you are doing and make your computer into a testbed which may or may not
lose all your information for you.  Then you get to try to install your
unusable backups and get to do a new install and spend the next few months
trying to get somewhat back to where you were.  What most users do instead is
say, "that distro sucks" and go somewhere else where things DO work.  This is
exactly what I did coming here from Mandriva!  Bug reports should be made
easier to do and the failing program should be able to give a meaningful
backtrace if crashing.  NM crashes on startup for me almost everytime the
machine is booted for the last two months.  The backtrace evidently does not
give any information as to why as I have heard nothing.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403