Update Manager is gone?!?

mdovell at comcast.net mdovell at comcast.net
Sat Nov 7 16:32:26 UTC 2009

Recently I tried to install a game (alien something...that FPS one) anyway in attempting to get rid of it some lock appeared on the program itself. Then when rebooting it stated the OS couldn't launch and there was nearly countless questions of a yes or no about some bad memory.

Well from scanning and everything being OK the OS loads...everything seems ok but for some reason
update manager isn't working. I've reinstalled it via synaptic but as of yet it doesn't load. I've also rebooted.
Normally if I run this it would come up saying that everything was already updated but now nothing happens on the screen when I try to load it. The system doesn't crash or anything and I have no other programs running.

Any ideas?