Whoever gave NM a keyring

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:30:04 UTC 2009

Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> Steve:
>
>> I had that one book marked and have not seen a newer description of NM’s
>> workings, could you point me to one.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager0.7
> although this is a bit outdated too. The edit connection dialogue still
> shows the "System setting" checkbox which is called "Avalable to all
> users" in Karmic (and is now placed below the tabbed pane).
> Moreover, I *think* the hint that auto created connections are not
> editable isn't true for Karmic any-more.
>
>> Perhaps there should be a best before date on articles :-))
>
> :-D
> Might be not so bad an idea.

	I know your page is about NM and wired Internet. So I did a
Google search with:

	ubuntu network manager keyring

and this brings up many pages from the Ubuntu pages where
people are having trouble with the keyring. They have some
good ways to defeat the keyring.

	My bug is about this problem and a new user should not be
forced to google a solution to this problem before they get
wireless working.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI