9.10 is a black eye for Ubuntu

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Nov 5 22:36:30 UTC 2009

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Roger,
>
> Roger wrote:
>
>> I will double check but from the top of my head, I think I formatted
>> everything. I don't see why apt-get will have an alias to a graphical
>> tool but that's another story.
>
> Neither do I really, just trying to think of possibilities.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

Here's a thought that just popped into my head (not tested).  What if
apt-get update is working just fine, but the GUI update manager pops up
because it detects the updated packages now available in the package
database?  I would never have noticed, because trimming down the
start-up programs from my gnome session, including but not limited too
update notifier, is one of the first things I do.