E-Machines

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:55:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:07:10 -0600
Joseph <ubuntu at e-pops.org> uttered these words:

> I bought a neW E-Machine and just after the warranty ran out, it
> broke down.  It wouldn't install from the install DVD.  I decoded to
> load Ubuntu on it.  Yeah right.  It wouldn't take it.  New machine,
> good for parts only.  I hope you have more luck than I had.
[snipped]

Well E-Machines computer certainly are both cheap and inexpensive, but
this is not my experience at all, as I said.  You have to fiddle with
the BIOS (as someone else said) to make sure the CD/DVD boots first,
but then you have to do that with any computer new to you.

I have never had a tower that didn't install Ubuntu, Kubuntu or
Xubuntu, but if you're at all worried buy a second hand one on eBay.

My experience is in the UK. Are they built more solidly over here?

--
Graham Todd