Dist Upgrade

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 2 23:29:13 UTC 2009

On 11/02/2009 03:17 PM, Emil Payne wrote:

> NoOp wrote:
>> On 11/02/2009 12:06 PM, Emil Payne wrote:
>> ..
>>> What the heck is lenny doing in there?  I don't see lenny in my
>>> repository lists anywhere.
>>>
>>> Dell-Mint john # apt-get update
>>> Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org karmic-proposed-updates Release.gpg
>>> Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org lenny Release.gpg [1032B]
>>
>> Umm... why is your repository target set for us.debian.org?
>>

> I don't know.  I used synaptic to re-install update-manager in case
> there was a problem and it wiped out all my third party repositories
> like medibuntu, so I just used it bare hoping to get an upgrade.
> Synaptic showed no new upgrades or even updates, but update-manager
> showed a bunch of upgrades.  Now it is telling me things like it is
> unable to upgrade from lenny to jaunty.  etc/apt/sources.list and
> ./sources.list.saves all have "karmic" listed as the distro.

Doesn't matter if it says karmic etc., at this point. You need to change
from us.debian.org. Use System|Administration|Software Sources|Ubuntu
Software and change the 'Download from:' to 'Main server', then 'Close',
then 'Reload'. You can of course modify sources.list, but for now I'd
just recommend you use the above.

Now, from a terminal (get out of root mode and go back to a standard
user mode):

$ sudo apt-get update && apt-get update

and let us know the result.