The unwanted upgrade

thomas valhalla2100 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 2 03:55:47 UTC 2009

Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 02:01:39 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> I just got upgraded to the new version. Did not realize that the
>> automatic
>> upgrades was for the new version.
>>
>> Well, only my e/m and browser work now. I lost my wireless speakers and
>> was not able to connect to the stations that I was listening to before
>> the
>> light on the wireless speakers transmitter clicked off.
>>
>> To the powers that be - please give users a CLEAR option to upgrade
>> before
>> doing it. This to me seems like a regular upgrade.
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> A new version of what?
>
> To upgrade to a new version of Ubuntu requires several mouse clicks, with
> the Update Manager expalining what is happening at each stage and allowing
> you to back out. It is rather hard to do accidentally.

Not really.

I got the pop up window stating that there were downloads. I clicked to
accept,
expecting just routine downloads. When I noticed the text it was
something like
removing the old. At that stage, regardless of failures on my part to
really note
what activities were about to happen or were happening it was too late so I
just decided to go on.

Then the wireless speakers' transmission did not work when rebooted. Just
rebooted now and the problem is permanent until I get a fix. I have very new
Audio Unlimited 900Mhz Wireless Speakers with Remote Wireless speakers.
The problem is with the transmitter not being activated with any of the
various
audio feeds of stations (several) was listening to.

Thomas