Can't Install Repositories on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Shahnawaz Jamot stg600 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 19:35:51 UTC 2009

Hi,
I just switched to Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Karoala yesterday, fixed many things to work.

But I can't install the new version of Emesene which supports webcam.

I'm asked to install repository from this page:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/all/emesene/download

When I try to add this:

deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu karmic main universe

in my software sources, It doesn't come up in the list, and it shows nothing.

I tried all these:

kr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

th.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

mirror.lupaworld.com/ubuntu

kambing.vlsm.org/ubuntu

ubuntu.mithril-linux.org/archives

mirror.in.th/ubuntu

mirror.rootguide.org/ubuntu

but when I tried to change

deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu karmic main universe

as

deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu Karmic Koala

it does show up in the list, but after I reload it, I get this error:

Failed to fetch http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/Karmic/Koala/binary-i386/Packages.gz  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.134 80]

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I think, I've successfully installed these repositories:

blognux.free.fr/ubuntu hardy main

ppa.launchpad.net/bjfs/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Medibuntu - Ubuntu 9.10 "karmic koala" free non-free

e.t.c.

I tried to install Emesene from ppa.launchpad.net which is this "Emesene 1.5+r1594~ppa1"

It does not ask abut libmimic, but when I or my friend turn on their webcam, it shows just a blank white image, and nothing.

 I wanted to give a try to Gyachi, but I faced the same repository problem, which I spoke of earlier.
I get this error, when I try to add repository for Gyachi.

Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/loell/ppa/ubuntu/dists/karmic/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Hoping to get help from you soon.

Thanks