sharing files between ubuntu computers

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun May 31 07:24:35 UTC 2009

> I am in a short term rental in Morelia, Mexico.  The Landlord supplies
> wireless router connections.  There are 3 such connections.

Have I got this right? You are using wireless connections to the
routers and there is a choice of wireless connection points?
Presumably then, since the two machines are on different subnets you
have connected to different connection points.  If you try connecting
both machines to the same wireless connection point I suspect the
problem will go away.  Of course you may not be able to do this if the
machines are not within range of the same point.

Colin