Jaunty Server and XEN or KVM

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Thu May 28 17:13:48 UTC 2009

Niels Jende:

> I am just about to get crazy, because it doesn't seem to be possible to install either:
>
> Xen
>
> or
>
> KVM
>
> on a Jaunty Server.

No, it's perfectly possible to use KVM on Jaunty.
Knowing what you did to get KVM running would have been *very* valuable
information.
Xen is probably a bit more tricky, since AFAICT post-Hardy Ubuntu
versions do not provide a kernel which can be used as Dom0 kernel any
more. So you'll have to get a Dom0 kernel elsewhere.
Jaunty's -server kernel can be used for a DomU though.

> However, I need urgently some kind of a HowTo, due to that I hope that one of you has already installed either Xen or KVM with Jaunty!

If you followed this
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM
what exactly did not work?

--