router security

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Mon May 25 06:07:21 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:

> In hardy, it was click, click the tab, enter the fixed IP and go.

Actually, that's exactly the procedure I used in Jaunty, on both a wired
and Wireless connection to test, and it worked just as you would expect
out of the box.. maybe the issue to which you are referring

Although, nothing wrong with WICD either.  However, if the computer is
using wired instead of wireless, then my money is on neither.
gnome-network-admin is still by far the most intuitive simple tool for
straightforward lan configuration.  It really blows my mind that Ubuntu
doesn't install it by default, even though it's the 'suggested' method
of getting a dial-up internet connection and it plays relatively nice
with NM and WICD.