Bug for 9.04

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:13:06 UTC 2009

On 05/23/2009 08:52 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> " The application 'NetworkManager Applent' (usr/bin/nm-applet) wants
> access to the default keyring, but it is locked"
Let me ask the all to obvious question...

Did you ever set the original keyring password the very 1st time it
fired up?  From googling your error text, it appears that the password
you might be entering could be incorrect.

If you delete ~/.gnome2/keyrings/default.keyring, it should start the
process all over again, allowing you to set a new keyring password.  If
you set it the same as your login password, it may stop prompting you
over and over again.  I think this is the practice I follow and why I
never get prompted so much like you seem to be experiencing.