DSL: NetworkManager vs pppoeconf

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Sat May 23 11:40:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 15:14:14 -0400, Rashkae posted:
> [...]
> I respectfully disagree with the suggestions to use a router instead of
> PPPoE,, I usually do the opposite, (use linux desktops to replace routers
> where/when I need greater flexibility.)

Except it seems to me that wasn't what was suggested. The connection still
has to be a PPPoE connection (that's what the ISP provides) but the router
holds the connection always on and available for the NATed LAN machines.
At least, that's how I interpreted what Eberhard Roloff wrote.