thomson TG585v7 router set up

norman norman at littletank.org
Sat May 23 10:51:05 UTC 2009

I am currently using an old Netgear router which I think is about to die
on me so, having a new router to hand, I decided to try it out. It
powered up OK, connected to the broadband OK but when I plugged in the
ethernet connection to my computer nothing happened. I have read lots of
references but cannot find any real advice to help to overcome the
problem. As soon as I reconnect my old router everything works.

Could some kind person please point me towards some references which
might help or make some other useful suggestions.  Thanks

Norman