jaunty the worst ever

Jerry Houston jerry at effjayare.net
Tue May 19 10:18:43 UTC 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 05:30:43 anthony baldwin wrote:
> Don't like KDE (me neither)?
> Try one of these (all available from repos):

I like the simplicity of icewm, and I don't care much for the way gnome works
on my laptop.  But I haven't found a way to change to another desktop on
Ubuntu.

On my SuSE systems, it's easy.  Just install all the environments you want,
and when you log in there's a dropdown that lets you pick the one to use for
that session.

On Ubuntu, however, I haven't yet found a way to install or switch to another
desktop.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

    Jerry in Bothell, WA