Music in terminal

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Tue May 19 02:31:54 UTC 2009

Brian McKee wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Linda <haniganwork at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> I use to listen to start music in x windows with rhythm box and then
>> switch to terminal and work. Ever since I changed to the new LTS version
>> when I switch I lose the sound until I return to X windows. The
>> samething happens with amarock.
>>

> I'll be durned.  Happens with Rhythmbox here.  Hadn't noticed before.
> I think you mean 9.04 Jaunty ?  It's not an LTS.  Please confirm this
> is your verison.
>
> Wonder if this relates to Pulse Audio?  I recently followed that forum
> tutorial and got recording working as I would expect etc.  I was
> surprised it didn't work for me.
>
> NoOp - you notice this?
>
> Brian

No I really do have LTS 8.04.2. It was just one of those things  where I
was to busy to spend time trying to solve. I finally got my project done
so now I have time to play. I appreciate everyones suggestions and will
have to play with them. Of course if I wasn't so stuck in my ways I
could just open terminals in X windows instead of switching back and forth.
          Linda