Backup/Sync !

Smoot Carl-Mitchell smoot at tic.com
Mon May 18 00:03:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 18:14 -0400, Rick wrote:
> Looking for a (gui) way of Sync two folder on two different hard
> drives....
>
> So, if I delete or add files to folder A: , its a mirrored copied in B:
>
> I tried to use the gtk version of rsync, but its not making a mirrored
> copy ( a single folder ) its adding another folder of just updates.
>

> Again, just want one folder mirrored to another hard drive,
> for daily updates...

grsync will work fine.  I suspect you are leaving off a required "/" in
the source.  Try adding a "/" to the source directory.

An example will show you the difference:

source => /a/foo
target => /b/foo

This will create a subdirectory "foo" in the target.

source => /a/foo/
target => /b/foo

syncs /a/foo with /b/foo

An equivalent is: