mobile e-library (video/audio)

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Sun May 17 19:46:15 UTC 2009

First off, is your mobile library to be connected to the internet? I'm not sure
that there is a service that will be able to handle the amount of traffic
generated by such a portal with all the metering and such going on these days.

Secondly, a mobile library with a lot of videos is bound to need something more
beefy than a netbook, as netbooks don't really have the hard disk space required
to store so much information, nor the processing power required to handle such a
busy portal. Your best bet may be to run a home-based server with all your data
on it and just serve the main site using the netbook. Otherwise, you are
probably better off using a full high-end notebook with external storage. Either
way, you will need a very good internet plan that gives you a lot of speed as
well as not metering the amount of data you transfer over the network during a
given time period. And a wireless service like this probably doesn't exist yet.
If it does, let me know and I will use it here. :)

Pacon kaj longan vivon, (Peace and long life),
Lorenzo
--
Nia diligenta kolegaro
En laboro paca ne laciĝos,