Home directory as desktop.

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Wed May 13 23:11:59 UTC 2009

    Well Sam, on ALL Ubuntu I have, there is a /home/ directory. Now
your /sam/directory goes on the /home/sam/ directory tree like this. Now
the /Desktop/ is on the /sam/ directory and the tree looks like:

/home/sam/Desktop/

like that. You can have hundreds of other things on /home/sam/, and even
hundreds of dirctories on /home/sam/Desktop/ like I have.

Karl

Thanks Karl. I am not explaining myself very well. I was happy with my
previous set up where my desktop read my '/home/sam/Desktop/' directory. Now
somehow I've made my desktop read 'home/sam/'. I understand that it may
desirable to have other directories in /home/sam/Desktop/. But my purposes
I'd just like to revert to my old setup. So, descriptively, I would just
like my desktop to display to the contents of /home/sam/Desktop/ rather than
/home/sam/. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Sam