Installing Programs in Terminal and how to access the irc chat lines.

Anthony Baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:43:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM, sg1 <thedoctor at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 21:19 +0800, sg1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 21:12 +0800, sg1 wrote:

>> > I went to the Ubunta home page to find out how to use the IRC chat
>> > channel without any success the help pages just keep going around in
>> > circles that do not tell you how to install or how to use the programs.
>> >
>> > I think it is just quicker to go back to XP.
>> >
>> > Thanks Craig

Incidentally, accessing IRC chat channels is an entirely different matter.
You have to have an IRC client, first of all.
I recommend Konversation or Xchat for the newb, or, Seamonkey browser,
which also includes e-mail, composer, and irc chat.
(IRSSI is the best IRC client, but not for n00bs)
There are numerous IRC clients available in our repos, to my knowledge.

How were you trying to access IRC?
Do you have an IRC client?
It would seem you've never used IRC before.
It is not like MSN or AIM or Yahoo! Messenger.  It is a completely
different animal.

/tony
--
htp://www.photodharma.com