FF 3 Lag

Anthony Baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:30:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Dirk Freitag <unreal.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anthony Gardner wrote:
>> Is anyone else experiencing a terrible lag in FF?
>>
>> lspci
>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
>> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

I found FF to be annoyingly slow and switched to Seamonkey some time ago.
It's faster.  Honest.

Of course, your problem might not be FF.
Perhaps you think it is graphics rendering that is causing the lack of speed?
Did you try loading the same page simultaneously in another browser,
just to see if FF is the problem?
Could it not simply be traffic choking bandwidth on your ISP, or some
similar issue?
Are other apps having similar problems?
Did you try to ping something to check your network speed, and/or the
speed of the server/page you are trying to access?

/tony
--
http://www.photodharma.com
art & photos of tony baldwin