How to get rid of Kubuntu Install

Jerry Houston jerry at effjayare.net
Sun May 10 17:40:05 UTC 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 10:15:07 Mark Miller wrote:
> I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I seem to have installed Kbuntu (or at
> least a bunch of it's applications) on top of a 9.04 installation.  I've got
> all kinds of "k" applications.

Like most (maybe all?) Linux distros, it's quite possible to install and use KDE applications on a machine that uses another (say, Gnome) GUI by default.  When I installed my favorite email client and torrent client (KMain and KTorrent) on this Ubuntu laptop, the required libraries were installed as well.  Many of those begin with "k".

However, you seem to have an aversion to anything you consider "k stuff" that I don't understand.

> Is there someway to  get rid of all the "k" stuff without re-imaging the
> drive?  I tried  Applications >> add/remove, but they don't even show up
> there.  I'm running a P4 @2.8.  I'm really new to this, so I'm only familiar
> with the GUI; know jack about the command line.

A fresh install would certainly take you back to "pure" Ubuntu, but the question still remains, "Why?"

Did a KDE application ever harm you?