How to get rid of Kubuntu Install

anthony baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Sun May 10 22:51:54 UTC 2009

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Mark Miller wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I seem to have installed Kbuntu
>> (or at least a bunch of it's applications) on top of a 9.04
>> installation.  I've got all kinds of "k" applications.
>>
>> Is there someway to  get rid of all the "k" stuff without re-imaging
>> the drive?  I tried  Applications >> add/remove, but they don't even
>> show up there.  I'm running a P4 @2.8.  I'm really new to this, so I'm
>> only familiar with the GUI; know jack about the command line.
>>
>> tnx
>>
>> mcm
>>
>> --
>> Mark C. Miller
>> mr.mcmiller at gmail.com <mailto:mr.mcmiller at gmail.com> [home]
>> mmiller at ologn.net <mailto:mmiller at ologn.net> [church]
>> mark_miller at mail.nobl.k12.in.us
>> <mailto:mark_miller at mail.nobl.k12.in.us> [school]
>> mmiller at millermc.net <mailto:mmiller at millermc.net>
>     There should be a way to switch back to Gnome just as there should
> be a way for me to turn it on. But right now I can't find the right file
> in /etc
>

> Karl

What you should be able to do is, at the login screen, click "options",
and choose which session you want.  I have 5 different WM/DEs installed,
and can choose between them (awm, openbox, fluxbox, gnome, lxde).
You should be able to log out, switch sessions and log back in, as well,
without rebooting, by the way.

So, unless you click options and choose to change the session, the
machine will, be default, log in to the previously loaded session, which
in this case is gnome.

tony

--

http://www.photodharma.com