Keyboard and Mouse Non-responsive

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:41:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 3:28 AM, APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia at gmail.com> wrote:

>> D you have the same situation if you boot into recovery mode?

Pardon my typo on "do". You seem to have grabbed the essence of my post however!

> I rebooted into the Recovery entry in grub. In the menu that comes up,
> the keyboard works fine. If I drop to a root shell, it also works
> fine. However, if I select the "resume" option, it continues booting
> into gnome and the same problem happens (no response from keyboard and
> mouse).

Ok - it would appear that you have a misconfiguration on your keyboard
and mouse configuration (presumably within X). Quite why you have this
is indeterminable as you don't specify whterh you have a USB or PS2
keyboard and mouse. I'm going to assume you're using USB for both
however, given we're in 2009.

I would drop yourself into a single user shell, and execute a "sudo
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" (please note I have not tested this -
I'm currently running an AIX 5.3L system).... things might have
changed a little (or a lot)
--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0