GRUB ERROR 17 help!!!!

Jerry Houston jerry at effjayare.net
Sat May 9 17:30:21 UTC 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 21:52:35 anthony baldwin wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
> > Computer with wind xp and dreamlinux  stalled with the message
> > GRUB LOADING PLEASE WAIT   error 17,  I have tried to restart with
> > windows and dreamlinux and puppy and others,  have checked and checked
> > many many treads but can't find anything to get  the computer going?
>
> Seems like this question comes up a lot.
> Google is your friend.
> http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/SuperGrubDiskPage.html#17

+1 on the Super GRUB Disk!

I've been having similar problems with a GRUB that Ubuntu installed, on a machine that already had SuSE and Vista on it (three separate drives).  The loader that Ubuntu installed included items for the other systems, but the Vista boot just ended up with errors.

One brief session with Super GRUB Disk sorted everything out, quite painlessly, and almost automatically.