Update Manager 'Distribution updates'

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 09:12:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Thomas Kaiser <ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li> wrote:
> I am usually use the command line to install new packages so I am aware
> of the power of apt or aptitude. But I was trying to use graphical
> tools. But anyway even apt cant install these 2 packages. So there must
> be a reason why they are 'kept back'.

Usually 'kept back' packages are that way because they depend on
another package that needs to be installed but is not yet available.
Sometimes doing a dist-upgrade helps but often it is something you
just have to wait for resolution on and it gets fixed in a couple of
days.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.