Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance

Res res at ausics.net
Fri May 8 12:56:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Brian McKee wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>> I think to work there must be a
>> private and closed list for moderators and lost owners only, and any
>> warning or "advice" sent to a user of the list must be CC'd to that list,
>> else it is invalid, and all actions taken against anyone must be reported
>> to that list, so there is no chance of secrecy for any action they take or
>> seek to take, also, being a hopefully low traffic lsit, the list owners
>> and any appointed Ubuntu "staff" can review the list to ensure things are
>> going smoothly.
>
> I did propose earlier a separate moderators list.  Why 'closed and private'?
> I don't understand that part of your rationale.
>
> Any actions taken must be reported to that list still stands of course.

because it is for moderators, to perhaps discuss action agaisnt someone,
and nobody but moderators should have teh right to comment, if it is not
closed you WILL get peanut gallery members, it is so other members know
you have taken action against someone, think of it as an administrative
list.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers